Skip to main content

RPGaDay

This is a meme that's been bouncing about on social media sites a lot recently.

I decided I did not really care to drag it out over a month, and have opted to do the whole thing in one go.

1) Vampire the Masquerade
2) Vampire the Masquerade
3)  Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
4)  Blood and Smoke: The Strix Chronicle
5)  Runequest
6) Mage the Ascension
7) Nobilis/Unknown Armies
8) Urgrim Thingrimson
9) Meh - none
10) Truth Until Paradox for Mage and Mindjammer
11) Over the Edge
12) Whispering Vault
13) Chapel, my first SLA Industries character who died from flipping a brick off a mine.
14) Mindjammer and Golden Sky Stories
15) an AD&D 'power paladins'
16) SHOCK a soft SF game
17) A FUDGE based game of Squirrel Assault Squad
18) Either Storyteller or BRP
19) I don't really read published adventures, but probably Tatters of the King for Call of Cthulhu
20) Call of Cthulhu/Vampire... if I'm still gaming
21) The Laundry Files
22) Blue Planet
23) Nobilis
24) Mutants and Masterminds (don't know why but I never grokked the system)
25) Um... Mage (though my wife says she wants to play)
26) Numenera
27) Changeling the Dreaming
28) The first Mage game I played, it crossed over with Books of Magic and we started as people about to Awaken on Halloween under a Harvest Moon.
29) The showdown with Skaven in the first WFRP 2nd edition campaign I played. That and fending off a troll singlehanded.
30) No idea...
31) Mage the Ascension

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving and Thriving in the Urban World of Darkness: A Guide for Garou

 Welcome to the blog, or welcome back if you're a regular reader. Thanks for stopping by. This is Shores of Night. On Sundays we talk about Werewolf: the Apocalypse , White Wolf's eco-horror roleplaying game. I talk about things within the game that interest me, explore areas which I think need to be considered, and sometimes try to make stuff.  Apologies for missing last week, life got in the way. I'm finding things a bit hard at present because I'm consuming too much news content and even though I'm in the UK, current events in the US are weighing heavily on my mind. It feels like life has become that much more difficult and, in the themes of Werewolf, that what's happening will only lead to the planet suffering more. It feels like our cities will become darker and less pleasant too, though perhaps not to the extent that they would be in the World of Darkness. At least we can be relatively sure that what's happening in the "real world" (if such a...

101 Changeling: the Dreaming Story Seeds

I've put together 101 Story Seeds for Changeling the Dreaming which is free to anyone to use for their Changeling Chronicles.. You can find it as a PDF download here: 101 Changeling the Dreaming Story Seeds . I've detailed possible subplots for the game, the same as I did with Hellfrost. The thing I should say before you go a-scrolling, is that some of the plot lines are for adult gamers, be that because they deal with adult subjects or because they're the sort of things that are a bit more to do with planning and so on. I'm planning to put together a Changeling micro setting, set at a campus university, please let know if that would be of interest. Changeling the Dreaming, Kithain and other official game terms are copyright White Wolf Games (1995), while original characters are copyright of Steve Cotterill (2018) Permission is given to use original characters for home use. 101 Changeling the Dreaming Story Seeds Mean: Some of the Kithain ar...

The Traveller's Guide to the Umbra

 Welcome back, or if you're here for the first time, then hello. These blog posts are dedicated to the roleplaying game Werewolf: The Apocalypse , one of my favourite games. They're intended to form a primer for the game, to explain it to potential new players. Most of what I've written has been tagged with the Werewolf label, and I'm working to ensure everything I've published for the game here has the tag.  This week, we're returning to the mysterious spirit world, the Umbra, to discuss travel and survival. Last time we got a basic idea of the part of the Umbra werewolves interact with the most (there are other realms, but those appear in Mage: The Ascension and Wraith: The Oblivion far more than in Werewolf, and can be challenging for the Garou to visit, so I'm only going to cover them if it's requested. This content is designed for the 20th Anniversary Edition of Werewolf, which is what I'm sticking with. Apologies if you're a 5th Edition f...