Skip to main content

Weird Ass Personals Ads

 I've been thinking about personals ads at for a while - partly because I'm single and seeking. Part of me started to think about how weird you could get with some fandoms and the way you could make things extremely esoteric and odd - almost to the point where you were talking at a level which most people didn't get. I'm posting 20 of the odd ad ideas I came up with - a couple of which are actually genuine. 

  1. Eater of Souls seeks Agent Candid for assignations in the stacks, adventures against the dwellers at the bottom of the Mandelbrot Set, trips to Dunwich, and <REDACTED>, <REDACTED>, <REDACTED>; and CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN. (Laundry Files)

  2. Moth Kinden seeks flame to flutter around, cast magic with, and generally fail to understand technology with. (Shadows of the Apt)

  3. Bear Tribe member seeks similar to love and share a cave with. (Seasons of the Fall)

  4. Tiefling Bard seeks a fellow adventurer to raid dragon’s hoard with. (Dungeons and Dragons) 

  5. Tiefling Bard seeks dragon willing to have her hoard raided. (Dungeons and Dragons)

  6. Graveyard lover seeks similar for long walks among beautiful graves and statues, sincere conversations about life, death, and other light subjects, cemetery picnics, and more.

  7. Bibliophile seeks owner of the Necronomicon to explore things man was not meant to know, laugh at the marginalia, and go mad with. (Cthulhu Mythos)

  8. Wannabe poet seeks muse, clothing optional, good sense of humour a must.

  9. Dreamer seeks Dreamer. Meet me at the Dream King’s castle for raids on Lucien’s library, trips to the skerries, dodging the Corinthian, and long lazy afternoons at Fiddler’s Green. (Sandman)

  10. Masochist seeks sadist for a cracking good time. 

  11. Seeker seeks fellow traveller to grow and heal with, with lots of hand holding, long walks and heartfelt conversations. 

  12. Cat seeks careful owner/servant for fusses, love, and if you’re lucky, tummy strokes.  

  13. Costumed vigilante seeks supervillain to foil on a regular basis. 

  14.  Dragon seeks mate for soaring flights over majestic mountain ranges, virgin devouring, and to build a hoard with. Own lair and breath weapon are a must. No wyverns, pseudo dragons, or sea serpents, please.  

  15. Bibliophile seeks another book lover to build a blanket fort and spend lots of nights reading, and dreaming, together. 

  16. Acolyte seeks a Goddess to worship. Throne and temple provided.

  17. God, currently hiding from themself, seeks God, also currently hiding from themself, for mutual denial of divinity, fun and games, making plans for a future that doesn’t exist, and to drink hot chocolate with over damn fine books. (Reference to Alan Watts’ philosophy).

  18. Person who doesn’t exist seeks another person who doesn’t exist to not exist together.

  19. Leo seeks compatible person to comb mane.

  20. Laundry Agent looking for love with appropriately security cleared woman.  #capitallaundryservicesdating

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving and Thriving in the Urban World of Darkness: A Guide for Garou

 Welcome to the blog, or welcome back if you're a regular reader. Thanks for stopping by. This is Shores of Night. On Sundays we talk about Werewolf: the Apocalypse , White Wolf's eco-horror roleplaying game. I talk about things within the game that interest me, explore areas which I think need to be considered, and sometimes try to make stuff.  Apologies for missing last week, life got in the way. I'm finding things a bit hard at present because I'm consuming too much news content and even though I'm in the UK, current events in the US are weighing heavily on my mind. It feels like life has become that much more difficult and, in the themes of Werewolf, that what's happening will only lead to the planet suffering more. It feels like our cities will become darker and less pleasant too, though perhaps not to the extent that they would be in the World of Darkness. At least we can be relatively sure that what's happening in the "real world" (if such a...

101 Changeling: the Dreaming Story Seeds

I've put together 101 Story Seeds for Changeling the Dreaming which is free to anyone to use for their Changeling Chronicles.. You can find it as a PDF download here: 101 Changeling the Dreaming Story Seeds . I've detailed possible subplots for the game, the same as I did with Hellfrost. The thing I should say before you go a-scrolling, is that some of the plot lines are for adult gamers, be that because they deal with adult subjects or because they're the sort of things that are a bit more to do with planning and so on. I'm planning to put together a Changeling micro setting, set at a campus university, please let know if that would be of interest. Changeling the Dreaming, Kithain and other official game terms are copyright White Wolf Games (1995), while original characters are copyright of Steve Cotterill (2018) Permission is given to use original characters for home use. 101 Changeling the Dreaming Story Seeds Mean: Some of the Kithain ar...

The Traveller's Guide to the Umbra

 Welcome back, or if you're here for the first time, then hello. These blog posts are dedicated to the roleplaying game Werewolf: The Apocalypse , one of my favourite games. They're intended to form a primer for the game, to explain it to potential new players. Most of what I've written has been tagged with the Werewolf label, and I'm working to ensure everything I've published for the game here has the tag.  This week, we're returning to the mysterious spirit world, the Umbra, to discuss travel and survival. Last time we got a basic idea of the part of the Umbra werewolves interact with the most (there are other realms, but those appear in Mage: The Ascension and Wraith: The Oblivion far more than in Werewolf, and can be challenging for the Garou to visit, so I'm only going to cover them if it's requested. This content is designed for the 20th Anniversary Edition of Werewolf, which is what I'm sticking with. Apologies if you're a 5th Edition f...