Quick Catch Up

Image result for Covid

 Hello, Happy New Year!

I hope you're faring okay and had a good Christmas and New Year. Let's hope 2021 is better than last year, and that we can get more done. Covid has made everything more difficult and I hope you've managed to stay safe, and if not that you recovered quickly and with no ill effects. 



At present I'm working as a Covid tester at a local university and I have to admit that I'm enjoying that. The work is interesting, I'm getting to interact with students and staff, and it feels like I'm doing something that's actually interesting and useful instead of plodding through lots of admin (which I'm still in two minds about - on the one hand it's what I'm used to but on the other I feel like I've spent most of my working life doing and I do want a change. Perhaps because we're a small team, serving a small community we get the results turned around nice and fast - which is really helpful when our "clients", I guess you'd call them, have to get tested to go home, study on campus, or go on placement. It's about more than just health for them, usually they're getting tested to further their studies in some way. 

In many ways, it's been quite instructive to do this job, as it is does make me feel good about myself, even when it's a busy day. It can be exhausting, but I haven't left the testing site feeling crushed yet, which is a real bonus in comparison with the way other jobs have made me feel in the past. It's just a shame that with the new Lockdown (which I do think is totally necessary), there won't be as much work for me.  

Of course, this is the season for resolutions, the time where we make ourselves promises for the future. Promises about how we will change and the habits we will adopt or quash. I'm very conscious that I've been on a bit of a circular railway track on this - making the same resolutions and failing to do anything about them. This year is no different and the same litany of weight loss, writing, and so on feature (in fact compose all) my resolutions. I am looking at how to actualise them into something that succeed. 

Good luck with your resolutions this year and take care. 

Comments

Popular Posts