What I Want In A Relationship




  • To go slow and be able to let affection grow naturally.
  • To have open, thoughtful, debates about what both of us want from the very start. 
  • To talk about everything and anything without shame or fear of judgement.
  • For both of us to recognise that we are both complete people - who both have and haven’t grown up - and that it’s okay.
  • Mutuality. 
  • To feel like I am listened to and understood.
  • To feel like I have space to be alone without feeling like that’s an inconvenience to the other person.
  • To feel like I can be with the other person and have the space and time to write too.
  • To feel like the other person can entertain themselves without me being on hand to hurry about and provide entertainment.
  • To feel like the other person is present


  • To have a strong base to build the relationship on. 
  • To be able to be small with them, to feel as if I’m allowed to go “off duty” and be the little spoon. 
  • To have my boundaries respected. 
  • For things to feel like a two way street in terms of interests and activities. 
  • For both of us to understand things like being peopled out and overwhelmed and it not to be dismissed. 
  • For us to be gentle with each other, but also to encourage each other to grow and achieve things. 
  • For both of us to be working to be our best selves. 
  • To be touched, stroked, and feeling like the other person wants to do that… that it’s not an imposition I’m demanding of them. 
  • To feel like sitting in front of the TV isn’t the other person’s definition of “quality time”.
  • To feel like the other person remembers things and I don’t constantly have to remind them of things. 
  • To feel like I am enough… and to make the other person feel like that too.

Comments

Popular Posts