Does Anyone Feel Like This?

 So, I just pulled back from the social media site I was on, and from a couple of sites, I comment on (Bleeding Cool and the Guardian). I've been feeling overwhelmed by negativity and it's a constant thing. It feels as if no matter how much I try to be optimistic these things rise up in the form of back-biting, stupid arguments, and so on. It makes me despair of humanity, and what's worse it makes me feel like I'm trapped in a recurrent pattern where even though I know it's not good for me, I keep going back in hoping that things will be different this time. Like everyone, I'm looking for connection and a feeling of belonging, and sadly these sites don't provide me with it. 



So I guess I'm going to be stepping away for longer and trying to find new ways to meet people - and focusing on the real world more. I suppose, ironically, that means I won't be stopping using Meetup, even though that's a social media site like all the rest. The goal though is to get out and meet people and make friends. 

Comments

Popular Posts