Poison Streets

 Hi, 

I'm a roleplayer, as many of the regular readers of this blog know. I'm currently running a game of Vampire Dark Ages set in 13th Century Dubrovnik and focusing on Tzimisce weirdness, the Omen War, and the idea of a city picking itself up after a siege (this is a tangent timeline where Venice conquers Dubrovnik/Ragusa in 1242). 

I'm also running some one-shots for games I want to try out - and last weekend, I ran a quick game of Werewolf the Apocalypse. Werewolf is a game that I adore, but I've never had much luck running it. I wonder if it's been the groups of players, or that I've never hit the right note; my attempts to get something off the ground have just never gone anywhere. Last Sunday's one-shot was really good though, even though it just brushed the surface - the PCs were told to go and steal some archaeological artefacts from a dig on a golf course, they fought some Fomori and a good time was had by all. 



I've had some notes for a Werewolf campaign called Poison Streets for a while - basically playing on the UK government's freeport idea and what that could mean environmentally. Of course, in Werewolf it's a great way to include Pentex and start exploring their reach and influence. The corporation seems to have grown a great deal in the 20th Anniversary line, perhaps because Onyx Path realises how large the influence of real-world corporations actually can be. I've also been building a playlist for the campaign, which you can access here


Honestly, the campaign idea feels really obvious and goes back to the whole company town thing from the 18th and 19th Centuries (in the UK at least). I think it could be really fun and also give at least a short-term goal that the Garou could achieve (ridding a city of Pentex's power and influence, cleaning up local politics, improving the local environment), which I think is so important because honestly, the big picture in Werewolf is so bleak. I mean, real life is pretty bleak on the eco front, so the World of Darkness must be worse, right? 

I was looking at the blog's stats the other day, I do sometimes just see what's popular and what sinks without a trace. My 101 Werewolf the Apocalypse Story Seeds post gets a lot of views, and I'm looking at doing more content like that. Let me know if you'd be interested and what you'd like to see in the comments below. I'm thinking about doing 101 packs, and (magical) fetishes - does that make that sound less dodgy? - and then doing a deep dive into the Poison Streets setting and campaign to flesh that out. Let me know. 





Comments

Popular Posts