An Acrostic Poem

 Yesterday, I went to a new writing group here in Bournemouth. I don't usually go because more often than not they're held during the week, when I'm at work, which is blimming annoying. I got the start of a couple of short stories when we were writing but utterly failed at an acrostic poem about Spring, despite starting off with lots of interesting ideas (and the discovery that my brain works better with abstracts than concrete things - asking me to work off the senses only leads to images that are abstractions). 

The poem I was happy with was another acrostic based on my first name which I've placed below. I hope you like it. 

 Silent for years and shadow-bound

Trigger warnings from a telltale heart

Eternally searching, a head full of dreams

Visions of darkness, as I stand apart.

Errant and wild, walking a path to Gods know where




Comments

Popular Posts