Skip to main content

Scion Character: Violet Steitz Scion of Loki

"You're kidding, a swamp monster's snatching tourists? Ugh, and I thought it was a night to wear my new boots."

Background

Violet wasn’t meant to be a scion. Her mother didn’t succumb to Loki’s wiles, in fact, Loki never paid any attention to Violet’s mortal family. In another world, she would have lived a perfectly normal life. Unfortunately, soon after graduating from the police academy and moving to New Orleans, Violet came to the god’s attention when he overheard her talking about what she and her partner would do if they had more powers while on patrol in the French Quarter (Loki likes to visit, he enjoys the city’s ambience), and he decided to put one of them to the test. He claims he tossed a coin to decide who to make into a scion Violet or Raoul - and the former “won”- but she doubts that. Something about him choosing her feels personal.

He visited her apartment that evening to break the news, presenting her with a Quill of Ma’at he’d won in a card game by way of a gift - whether or not that was meant to be a way of sorry Violet still isn’t sure. 

Confused and frightened by the new reality she was confronted with, one where strangers seemed to know far more about her than she knew about them, and where hostility was around every corner, Violet eventually blundered into Klaus Eriksson’s workshop by accident and - after a tense conversation- he agreed to guide her in return for free labour when she wasn’t at her job. 

He also pointed her toward some other Scions who might be willing to teach her more about the World and the war with the Titans. This led to her meeting Little Achojah, a Scion of Ogun and they formed a Band. 

By and large, Violet has adjusted to her life as Scion, but she can feel Loki’s influence. There are times when she’s surprised by how easily lying comes to her now, for example. 

Appearance: Physically, Violet is a tall, blonde-haired, blue-eyed woman. She’s slim, but faster than anyone expects her to be, and she can take a punch. Nonetheless, she prefers to keep her distance, and has developed an odd knack for ricochet shots, another thing she attributes to Loki.

If you like Violet and would like to use her in your game - or play her - then you can grab her character sheet here. If you don't know Scion, the game is one of the children or chosen of Pagan Gods fighting the forces of the Titans (which the game uses as a catch-all term for old, bad, deities, giants, and monsters.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving and Thriving in the Urban World of Darkness: A Guide for Garou

 Welcome to the blog, or welcome back if you're a regular reader. Thanks for stopping by. This is Shores of Night. On Sundays we talk about Werewolf: the Apocalypse , White Wolf's eco-horror roleplaying game. I talk about things within the game that interest me, explore areas which I think need to be considered, and sometimes try to make stuff.  Apologies for missing last week, life got in the way. I'm finding things a bit hard at present because I'm consuming too much news content and even though I'm in the UK, current events in the US are weighing heavily on my mind. It feels like life has become that much more difficult and, in the themes of Werewolf, that what's happening will only lead to the planet suffering more. It feels like our cities will become darker and less pleasant too, though perhaps not to the extent that they would be in the World of Darkness. At least we can be relatively sure that what's happening in the "real world" (if such a...

101 Changeling: the Dreaming Story Seeds

I've put together 101 Story Seeds for Changeling the Dreaming which is free to anyone to use for their Changeling Chronicles.. You can find it as a PDF download here: 101 Changeling the Dreaming Story Seeds . I've detailed possible subplots for the game, the same as I did with Hellfrost. The thing I should say before you go a-scrolling, is that some of the plot lines are for adult gamers, be that because they deal with adult subjects or because they're the sort of things that are a bit more to do with planning and so on. I'm planning to put together a Changeling micro setting, set at a campus university, please let know if that would be of interest. Changeling the Dreaming, Kithain and other official game terms are copyright White Wolf Games (1995), while original characters are copyright of Steve Cotterill (2018) Permission is given to use original characters for home use. 101 Changeling the Dreaming Story Seeds Mean: Some of the Kithain ar...

The Traveller's Guide to the Umbra

 Welcome back, or if you're here for the first time, then hello. These blog posts are dedicated to the roleplaying game Werewolf: The Apocalypse , one of my favourite games. They're intended to form a primer for the game, to explain it to potential new players. Most of what I've written has been tagged with the Werewolf label, and I'm working to ensure everything I've published for the game here has the tag.  This week, we're returning to the mysterious spirit world, the Umbra, to discuss travel and survival. Last time we got a basic idea of the part of the Umbra werewolves interact with the most (there are other realms, but those appear in Mage: The Ascension and Wraith: The Oblivion far more than in Werewolf, and can be challenging for the Garou to visit, so I'm only going to cover them if it's requested. This content is designed for the 20th Anniversary Edition of Werewolf, which is what I'm sticking with. Apologies if you're a 5th Edition f...