Cheese

Day 2

So I was challenged to write about cheese by James Klaschka (from Breath Deep Gehenna)on my author page on Facebook.

I have to admit I don't know much about the stuff, I only started to eat it a few years ago and I've never been what you might call an adventurous eater. I was first put off the stuff when I was a kid. My school was doing some sort of craft project which required Dairy Lea packets and foil. Dutifully I started to eat the stuff, and then found my eyes went cloudy. My Mum stopped me eating it and if I recall right, we found a fudge around the whole thing.

Later holidays in France would always involve a camembert or brie baking on the car's back shelf, stinking the vehicle out, and to cap it all when I went to the Doctor about my acne I was told to avoid cheese and chocolate.

This relationship was an uphill one from the very start, in other words.

I probably started eating cheese about ten years ago, mostly because I wanted to eat risotto with cheese, and I didn't really look back after that. I've mostly stuck to hard cheese, and eat cheddar most of all of them. Thanks to my friend Mavis I've discovered Spanish cheese but it's still very much an area where I'm in the dark. All I really know is that I don't want to eat soft cheese.

What would you suggest, and why?

Oh and here's the Cheese Roll Call from Pinky and the Brain.


Comments

Popular Posts