We all have them, songs we love that, when we see the video, we go WTF is this?
Here are five of mine.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Bring It On
Three words: gold lame pants. Ick.
It's also that this is a Nick Cave video and there are gold lame pants and women who look like they've escaped from an R&B video.
Type O Negative: I Don't Want To Be Me
I love this song, but the video is creepy and cringeworthy.
The Ting Tings: Do It Again
The Ting Tings are great, a really fun band, but this video... urgh, it just doesn't work for me. I get the idea of it, deconstructing the pop video but it just looks rubbish to my eye.
Lily Allen: Hard Out There
This is a song I admire, Allen makes strong points about the music industry but the video, which is obviously meant to be a parody, commits those sins and I fear the message vanishes in the medium. Add to that the racist undertones to the piece and it's almost uncomfortable viewing.
Manic Street Preachers: Little Baby Nothing
Another strong feminist anthem, but the video is a bit too on the nose and makes uncomfortable viewing.
Here are five of mine.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Bring It On
Three words: gold lame pants. Ick.
It's also that this is a Nick Cave video and there are gold lame pants and women who look like they've escaped from an R&B video.
Type O Negative: I Don't Want To Be Me
I love this song, but the video is creepy and cringeworthy.
The Ting Tings: Do It Again
The Ting Tings are great, a really fun band, but this video... urgh, it just doesn't work for me. I get the idea of it, deconstructing the pop video but it just looks rubbish to my eye.
Lily Allen: Hard Out There
This is a song I admire, Allen makes strong points about the music industry but the video, which is obviously meant to be a parody, commits those sins and I fear the message vanishes in the medium. Add to that the racist undertones to the piece and it's almost uncomfortable viewing.
Manic Street Preachers: Little Baby Nothing
Another strong feminist anthem, but the video is a bit too on the nose and makes uncomfortable viewing.
Comments
Post a Comment